Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Initialization

So, I'm a contributor to the podcast "Secret References" and in order to be listed as such on the blog, I have to have of my own. Here it is: Not Programmed to Love. I actually had to think a bit about how to spell 'programmed' because I'm not used to seeing it spelled with two m's. But the standard English rule is if a word ends with a consonant-vowel-consonant combination and you append a suffix that starts with a vowel, you must double the last consonant of the original word. Therefore, if anyone complains about the spelling of 'programmed' in my title, they are wrong.

I would go into a rant about how much I hate when people misspell or mispronounce words, but that will be saved for another time, or the podcast. It'll probably backfire on me anyway; I'm sure that I'll misspell tons of stuff along the way here. As a disclaimer, the 'n' key doesn't work half of the time on my crappy HP laptop.

Well, I don't want to do too much for my first post. I already feel like I've started to ramble... This post is over!

Edit: Oh man! The section of 17:45 - 18:05 from our second podcast is the best! Scat... Man!

No comments: